Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Healthy and Simple Roasted Vegetables!

I love making easy and healthy recipes. This recipe for roasting vegetables can be done with whatever vegetables are in your fridge. This time I did a combination of brussel sprouts and cauliflower.

To make the recipe reflected in the picture I cut the brussel sprouts in half and sliced the cauliflower so the pieces were thick enough that they didn't fall apart but would still cook. I put all the pieces in a zip lock baggie and added some extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste). Im sure you could add different spices to give your vegetables a different taste. You want to use enough oil that it will coat all of the vegetables, too much will make your vegetables soggy. I eyeball a little bit and start shaking, knowing I can add more oil if I need it. I dump the vegetables from the baggie into an aluminum foil pan. The vegetables get baked at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes based on the amount in the pan. I tend to stir them after the initial time and put them back in for the same amount of time. You can always continue cooking or remove vegetables from the oven early if needed.



 
Breana

No comments:

Post a Comment