Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baked Eggs and Avocado


I originally found this recipe on my facebook newsfeed, but thought it seemed like an easy breakfast. To make this breakfast you need:

Avocado
Eggs
Bacon (turkey bacon was used in this recipe)
Cayenne pepper seasoning

Note: this recipe is easy to make for many people. I only made one because I only had one avocado available to me and I was the only one eating. Keep in mind you need 2 eggs per avocado.

To make this delicious treat:
-preheat the oven to 425 degrees
-cut your avocado open and remove the pit
-use a spoon to remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to make a well for the egg
-put the avocado halves into the cooking container of your choice and make sure they stable using aluminum foil to help. The original facebook post said that you can use a cupcake tin for cooking if making many halves, or ramekins or a casserole dish for smaller quantities.
-season the avocado with salt and pepper before adding the egg.
-crack an egg into the well. I used an extra large egg, cracked directly into the avocado, and it was too big for the well I made and made a mess. Next time I would separate the egg and the yolk, put the yolk in the well and then use as much white as I could.
-sprinkle top of egg and avocado with cayenne pepper.
-cook 1-2 pieces of your favorite bacon product and crumble for topping.
-if you prefer your yolks runny, cook for 15 minutes and check for doneness. If you prefer your yolks hard cook for 20 minutes.

To eat this breakfast I warmed a few corn tortillas and scooped the avocado and egg mix into a tortilla for a more solid meal. There was extra bacon after the picture above so I added it to my tortillas.

Find a similar recipe HERE!

Keep in mind you can anything to the top of your avocado and eggs once cooked. I'm thinking scallions, cheese, bacon, hot sauce, ham, sausage, sautéed spinach or anything in your fridge you desire.

If you make this recipe and add something different to the top, please share your creation.

Breana

No comments:

Post a Comment