Thursday, November 19, 2015

ASHA 2015 and Freebie!



This past weekend I attended my FIRST ASHA convention in Denver, Colorado. I was very overwhelmed by the amount of exhibitors in the exhibit hall and by the amount of sessions and poster sessions that I had to pick from.

The first thing I have to do is yell a BIG thank you to Linda and Ray from Creative Speech Products!!! Not only did they bring me in as an exhibitor, I got to spend the weekend learning more about Teddy than I could ever have imagined.
Asking yourself what Teddy is? Teddy Talker is an amazing felt board manipulative system with many different components. The felt board kit comes with a variety of letters, mouth positions, a tongue and the Teddy felt board so students can manipulate the lips for different sounds. You can also get sound cards with the different phonemes and poems to help with placement, a toolkit with 5-6 different lessons for each phoneme and worksheets to send home, the B.E.A.R.R. track card game, and the Build and Say kit (review will be published soon). Teddy is great for kids as young as 3 years old who have speech sound disorders, apraxia, or even Down syndrome.


 This is Baby Bear, Teddy cousin. He and I were both saying "Oh, no!" when it was time to clean up.

I think my favorite part of ASHA was getting to meet all of the bloggers I have been following for so many years. Each blogger gave out some fun swag. Not only did the bloggers host a meet up during the conference (with prizes), but other bloggers (not associated with the blogger booth) were also on hand. It's weird to introduce yourself by your blog name and not your actual name.














ASHA also gave me a chance to make some great connections for the blog. Keep checking back for some amazing product and app reviews. I made some connections with Hamaguchi Apps, Colorcards, Northern Speech Products, Fiddle Focus, Virtual Speech Center, and Invention Labs (the creators of Avaz). There are also some product reviews coming that you are no going to want to miss!

I saw Shawn who is the author behind The Speech Wizard. We actually met at CSHA earlier this year. She is a pediatric feeding therapist when she is not working. I am really excited to learn from her.

I met the one and only Michelle Garcia Winner! I wish I had brought my Superflex book so i could have gotten her autograph.

I met Meredith from Peachie Speechie and even bought a few new t-shirts for myself.


 Super Duper had a HUGE booth as expected and even brought friends to watch their products!! Catch that amazing carpet! I wish i could have taken some of it home!
This was just one part of the convention center once the exhibit hall closed. Thank you everyone for making ASHA such an experience.

Oh!!! I almost forgot. I handed out a FREE product at ASHA. Here is the link! Go in and get the product before December 20 or its gone.

Already counting down the days to ASHA 2016!!!

Breana

No comments:

Post a Comment