Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Gluten Free in Denver!


I knew long before I left for ASHA i was going to have no problems eating in Denver. First of all, I should mention that my sister has lived in Denver for around 4 years and she is Gluten Free by association (both our parents are gene carriers). I of course, took a bunch of snacks and oatmeal with me just in case I didn't get to leave my booth, but was hoping they weren't going to be necessary.

In the convention center, I was told if I had purchased a ticketed lunch, I could have eaten a gluten free turkey sandwich. I didn't get a ticketed lunch, but was able to get the chef to make me a lettuce wrapped hamburger after an hour of running around the convention center.

For dinner one night after the convention my sister too me out to meet some of her friends. We went to this amazing restaurant called Angelo's (http://angelosdenver.com) on 6th street. They had amazing cooked and raw oysters and all of the pastas could be made with gluten free pasta. I had Gorganzola Steak Fettucine. It is a dish i would come back for.

The next night we went to a cute little Morrocan restaurant called Cafe Paprika (http://www.cafepaprika.com). I had lamb shank with basmati rice and it was amazing. I did learn the soup ha flour in it, but the salad was just as good.

My last morning in town, my sister took me to brunch at a top rated new brunch spot. Owned by a celiac, this place can make anything on the menu gluten free. Revelry Kitchen (http://www.revelrydenver.com) has a seasonal menu. Here are just a few pictures of the amazing food we ate!!! My sister and I both had roasted pumpkin cinnamon rolls with bacon to start. She had biscuits and gravy while I had a lobster BLT with fries. I also got a muffin trio to go. I was also in love with my coffee cup!!






Have any favorite gluten free spots of your own in Denver? Share them in the comments!!

Breana

No comments:

Post a Comment