Sunday, November 9, 2014

What's to Come...

For all of the you that are not following on Facebook or Instagram you may not know that I was accepted to graduate school this year after THREE long years of trying. I am very excited to be starting the last leg of my journey towards the perfect career.

Why did I apply for three years you may ask...
Well, with my BA in Human Development and Linguistics as well as my Post-Bacc certificate in Communication Sciences and Disorders, I found my perfect career and knew that I was going to do whatever it took to get there. I have also worked for the last two years as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant in charter schools around Los Angeles County which only help to solidify my choice.

Where will I be getting my Master's?
I will be attending a hybrid program through Nova Southeastern University, although my program is based in the LA area.



What is a hybrid?
A hybrid is a part-time online and classroom based program. Our classes (taken two at a time) take place over the course of one weekend each per semester (Friday after work, Saturday, and Sunday) and are then finished online with intermittent online course meetings. For the weekend courses, professors are brought to LA to teach and meet with students.

Why did I select this program?
I chose to apply and attend this program because it is the best of both worlds. I get to work on my degree while still being able to work full time. I also get to have a cohort of people I get to know and become friends with, as well as meet my professors. If I had chosen to attend an online only program, I would still have flexibility of completing my work but would not have a cohort or be able to meet my professors.

If you are having the same problem I did with getting into a program consider looking into one of the hybrid programs. There are a few different hybrids offered by Nova and an online only program if necessary. Please contact me if you have any questions or are looking to get more information.

I cannot wait to continue my new blog series about my program and all of the information I am going to learn.


Breana

No comments:

Post a Comment